Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Kickin against the ____(insert)____

I'm essentially going against the grain when I ought to be going with the flow. My performance appraisal has yet to occur, which has left me to ponder whether I really should be playing the "company man" when it is fairly evident that I am not at all important when it comes to priorties. Are people not the greatest asset, or is that just stupid ideology? My heart is telling me to rebel in all areas of my life and not just in the work environment. I'd be lying if I said I was happy....it is more than just general neurosis, which I am prone to, I need to take flight. I am becoming more convinced as time advances that my calling in life isn't to be seated at a chair nutting out the intricacies of reinforcing steel in slabs of concrete. I am fed up with the shite...day in...day out.....the sameness of the grey. I now have a clearer understanding of what my piece of prose entitled The Grey is about. I have come to realize that it is indeed about concrete....that grey material which is sending me to despair, causing me to recoil in disgust at the enslavement I feel I am chained to.

Is there a way out of the grey?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home