Sunday, February 12, 2006

Product Activated

I encountered disaster once again with my PC on Saturday night. Whilst trying to update Nero 7 with the latest download a message told me to uninstall the previous version of Nero because the installer wasn't compatible with the version I was attempting to install. I did as was suggested and what did I find, my damn PC wouldn't boot after uninstalling it. A lsasrv.dll was missing or could not be found and all I got was a black screen, to my total dismay.
I tried in vain to find it and I then probably mistakenly (since I really don't know what I am doing) tried to use windows repair/setup to fix the problem, however I most certainly made the problem worse because I didn't have a SP2 file it needed. So after a long drawn out battle and to cut to the chase I formatted my drive and reinstalled windows and all the rest which needless to say is too many....I won't incriminate myself with the details...My next problem was the product activation of Windows XP and I almost came close to throwing the $@#&ing PC out the window when Windows informed that my product key had been used too many times
to activate the software
. As a desperate attempt to salvage some sanity I called Microsoft and to my utter suprise I obtained another activation number without any hassle. I was completely terrified that they would decline my request and all that fear and anger was for nothing...zero!....ziltch! Windows XP is one of the few programs that I have purchased, probably out of stupidity more than anything resembling honesty, and I would've been furious if MicroSoft declined my activation request. I wouldn't mind if it were a fifty dollar program but the OS cost me three hundred odd dollars which is totally exorbitant for what it is. Anyways I am absolutely $@*%ed and need to get some rest so that I can be activated for work tomorrow.

See Ya's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home