Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sympathy for the Devil

I often play devil's advocate and I can only presume that it gets me into all sorts of trouble. I don't know in exactly what way, yet I have a foreboding that my inquisitive head leads me into temptations that I ought not entertain nor play with. Having said that, I also believe that it is this inquistiveness, which makes me the person I am. I cannot presume something is correct simply because it is stated by someone who at first glance seems to have knowledge and who appears to have authority on a particular subject because of extended experience, without firstly prodding the assumption or fact if that's what it is, with my intuitive feelers and if my experience and sensibilty fails to register a response, then researching the argument.

I don't exactly know the point I'm trying to ascertain with my ponderings, however something is beckoning me to poke around the frayed edges of my fragmented reality, to perhaps resolve an issue that seems to be giving me some grief at the moment. Perhaps the issue is that I feel I am being told what to think and feel by those around me. I am stubborn and unfortunately I'm not an idiot, and it is with little wonder that I am also tenacious and more than a little rebellious. Such is the personality I possess, so it is reasonable to assume that I will feel somewhat frustrated when confronted with an order, especially when it is disguised as a suggestion. I like to think myself independent and perhaps I can be accussed of being too reliant on myself or of being too self absorbed, yet I feel that it isn't a defect to be accustomed to a life more solitary in nature and to even enjoy the solitude. I am not going to allow myself to feel guilty because the majority see it as a crime of sorts, perhaps a kind of social crime. I am allowed to think and feel as I please and if it doesn't conform to how I should think and feel then tough titties!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home