Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday Malaise

Fridays...you know I have always had this pecuilar sense that the word Friday is wrong, that somehow it just doesn't look right. I guess it can be attributed to a bizarre off tap de-ja-vu sensation, if that makes sense. Perhaps it is my malaise. A maladjusted vision. An inability to see the things others take for granted. I am making absolutely no sense....I can see it...clearly! When someone says clearly, then it is a certainty that things are not clear. Same goes for certainty. Thus one can safely assume that nothing is certain or clear. It all comes back to that word...Friday.....Why it bothers me so is unclear. Is it the sound? Or is it the spelling? Perhaps it is language in general. Linguistics is a strange thing. How did language evolve? Why are things attached to a sound...is language a mathematical symbol? Why do we place such importance to a word? Why am I even asking these questions? Silence can be sacred. Perhaps I ought to aspire to that sacred state now. I can meditate over the word Friday and perhaps the meaning behind my vacant vexation will become apparent.

Let me know if you have any theories about why Friday seems to be so evasive to my comprehension. Even if that means I must admit I am stupid. Stupid I can live with. Like they say....keep it simple stupid..(KISS)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home