Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Not Alone

It is comforting to know that I am not alone in my semi despair whilst waiting for the clock to strike a tone signifying quitting time. Someone at work asked how I was going and I replied "pretty good and yourself?" And I received an answer by way of "okay...almost time to go home" It was mid afternoon, (a time for a smoko) when this little scene occured while awaiting the lifts to take us in our respective directions. Its pretty terrible that I await for the time when I can get home, when I have been at my current job for only six months, which relatively speaking, is a short time. However it seems like an eternity and every day seems to be a moment waiting in eternity.

Is it a sad state of being when most of our time is spent waiting for the clock to direct us where we should be and how we feel. Maybe I am alone in the motions of emotion dictated by the hands of a clock. It is probably not so much of a relief to be coming home anyway. I am caught within a grip of some existential tidings that I cannot simply wish away, I know this because I spend a considerable amount of time in this wishfull thinking mode and it really doesn't work.

Acceptance is probably the solution to my dilemma but it is hard to come by. Alls I am achieving is a state of frustration and rage at something that will not go away by wishing it so. Perhaps I will find this ill fated acceptance or more likely stumble across it when looking for something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home