Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Wretched

Not sure if I've used this title previously but is probably apt for the present. How many in this world can be considered a part of The Wretched? Perhaps there are many and I am but a small speck upon "the isle of torment and woe" . The journey I pledged to begin last week was a fairly ambitious sentiment, which is achievable, however I feel like a piece of drift wood that invariably finds itself moving with the currents onto the shores of wretchedness. Am I so wretched as I believe? Probably not! My life is pretty much the same as any other except deep within the wells of my soul lurks a mistress that loves to pull me into the shelter of darkness.

It is a hidden love, a shameful lust that I indulge with my consciousness. If I were to avert my gaze away from her alluring and amorous eyes, would I then be free from her spell? It is foreseeable that I dote upon those spendid dark eyes, brooding and melancholic in their hypnotic and soothing familiarity. I have grown to love the way she casts me away from the here and now into an other wordly realm where the winds whisper vicious vemon to poison an enemy which lays just ahead and beyond the mountains and across the azure sea. The enemy does not exist, and if it does then it is only me.

So it is, perhaps I can own some truth when my eyes are averted, the haze of a grey thunderous sky is parted, just enough for the faint light to eclipse the wretched and lay still the horrible torment. Yet will it be enough for me to sing my farwell to the girl that lays in shadow, the temptress of sorrow? Perhaps a quickening is in place as I found myself pondering the stillness of smiling flowers and contemplative silent trees swaying amongst the storm overhead, whilst I walked briefly in the silence and became aware that the only noise amongst the choir of stillness was that of my head engaging in a lovers spell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home