Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Overclocking and happiness?

Apart from overclocking time at work....(45 hour weeks are becoming old pretty fast let me tell you), overclocking this mobo is not really happening. Seems to be Gigabyte boards are not too crash hot when it comes to clocking up some extra CPU ticks. Just isn't meant to be I guess...I could use Easy Tune 5 to gain some extra performance outta this little number but in the end is it really going to be worth the extra 5 or 10 percentage points?

Its not like I am going to gain an extra 5 percentage points on the happiness stakes either. All it will give me is distraction. It seems that I am on an endless spiral of distraction...what am I distracting from? It is a good question...Not sure if I have a good answer. Answers are far and few between. Are there any answers? What is the question? Ohh yes! What is happiness? Am I happy? Is it important to pursue happiness? Why? Is it possible to live comfortably in a semi state of dissatisfaction. To continue from one day to the next in a detached, sombre resignation. that happiness is only a manufactured ideal based on myth. How is it really possible to reconcile a happy demeanor with reality? Does one need to pretend that one is happy for such an emotional pretense to manifest itself into plausible realism? The question I ought to be asking of myself is am I happy? I'd automatically respond by saying No! However is this autonmous repose an accurate or even truthful statement? If happiness is a myth perhaps the opposite is also myth. I couldn't say with a definitive unmoving assertion that I am unhappy. If that were the case then it would be highly improbable that I would be here right now, ponderous and lame, mulling over questions that an absurd muse has dragged to my feet.

So it is that I am neither happy nor unhappy. I may be unhappy with certain aspects that constitute the daily bump and grind, however it perhaps does not define or even dictate the bigger picture. So what if I am displeased and unhappy with such and such events, right now I am relatively at ease if not happy. I dislike that word happy. People throw it around as if it were a badge of honour. All it is, is a word, describing a demeanor, emotion or fleeting moment. I have moments that are happy, or that come close to happiness. I am not a "happy go lucky" person. Happiness is relative and it is perhaps a distant relation of mine, certainly not originating from my extended family.

Are you happy?

Perhaps it is in the pursuit where the myth lives and breathes.

Happy hunting for that ideal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home