Sunday, May 21, 2006

Early Morning Haze

There is a stillness that infects the air once the tick of a weary clock surpasses midnight. I find the stillness comforting, it soothes my restless soul to know that soon I will be in the safety of my bed, secretly filled with hope and relief that the SandMan will soon bless me with his grains of sand and bliss. The television in the background is soliciting me to call ladies of the night to fill my loneliness. I am umoved by the callous consummerism of late night propositions to relieve my loneliness and the promises of fullfillment that a phone call will invite. I often wonder if anyone really calls these numbers, I guess lonely fools do. If no one called then they wouldn't advertise. What really possesses someone to call these late night numbers that are sold by buxom young girls? Is it loneliness or lust? Perhaps both. Perhaps I ought to make that call one day to find out. Conduct some reverse market research. Right now my eyes are telling me to go to the warmth of my bed.

Good night and good luck if you find yourself calling one of those tacky numbers displayed on the TV screen in the haze of early morning night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home