Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Whispers in the dark

A cold crackly voice whispers it's secrets into my ears. It has nothing but obscenities and cynicism to reflect upon, yet this voice entices me enough to devote my full attention to it. For some reason I am compelled to listen. I don't want to hear it's prophecy but it is inside my head and I can't seem to detach myself from it. I am alone, without distraction, even though there are people in my presence. The sound of it's voice keeps me company in my aloneness, it sings a familarity that I find strangely comforting. The voice tells me that these people, which surround me, are out to hurt me in some way and that I ought not trust them. The more I listen to this tired husky voice, crackling as if it has performed this sililoquy for an eternity, the more I feel that what it says is true. Am siding with the devil? Is it She that lures me with dark, ripe fruits of knowledge? After listening to her voice for so long I begin to believe that it has morphed as my own. I am not sure if it is some other being that has taken me hostage anymore. Have I become this voice that harbours this secret, a secret that whispers in the dark. In the still of night I am alone with her, enbraced in her arms. It is cold outside and in her arms I feel safe. I have a sense that this voice is infact the cruel wind that blows in the hollow of night. It has somehow latched itself, spiralling in the fragments of memory that whirl around the grey haze of my soul. I am at her mercy, I have come to trust her and perhaps even love her. I am not sure of anything much anymore, I think I can't even trust her soothing husky voice anymore. Can it be that my faith has been misplaced in that voice which found a home within the corridors of grey. I wish I knew where that voice came from, I don't want to abandon her, what if she can't find her way. Perhaps I must leave her be, whilst I search for a place she can call home. There are now too many voices inside that grey, I have no more room, so it must be, farewell to my companion and friend, the voice that just could not be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home