Saturday, April 08, 2006

Pathetic!

I am absolutely pathetic. It's Saturday night and here I am in my PJ's writing in this damn blog. Only moments before, I was investigating and perhaps entertaining the notion of getting private health cover, It's insane! Firstly; to be thinking about it on a Saturday night and secondly because it is almost Sunday morning. I am mad!

What am I to do? I'm lucky here in Oz because unlike the US I don't need private health insurance. I'm still procrastinating over whether to get health insurance, I'm sort of on the borderline where not getting it is cheaper than getting it. We pay a medicare levy of 1.5 percent of our taxable income plus an extra one percent extra if our income exceeds 50k and we aren't in a private health fund. I earn above the said amount, yet I am not so much above it that it will benefit me paying a premium of 24 dollars a fortnight for health insurance.

I'm thinking about this absurdness because I went to the dentist today. I don't believe in health insurance and am not going to take out health cover just yet. It is a matter of principle. I believe the medical and the health care system ought to be funded entirely by the tax payer and should be free for all so to speak. If I had a health insurance policy then I probably wouldn't have had to fork out 200 dollars for the dentist, however I still would've had to pay something I think, even if I did have health cover.

Anyways it's late and I just couldn't be fucked thinking about this anymore.

Happy Sunday


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home