Monday, August 07, 2006

Quickie before He comes.

If I wasn't so disorganised and if I had my priorities firmly secured in normality; I would be safely tucked away catching some zzz's. Yet I am far from normal...I am TwistedTripper. I keep butting my head against the wall of limitation. My limitations are being pushed by my obstinate desire to banish that accursed need...such a wasteful need, that need for sleep. A need I desperately require yet so want to control. Why do I need eight hours? Why can't I function properly with just four? What if I push the boundaries a little further and aim for that elusive four hour barrier. Currently I am running at 6...Why not? Did we not have the desire to conquer the four minute mile. Is this not a comparative endeavour?

I am but a mere mortal and the 6 hour limitation seems to be just that. A limit. I haven't the fortitude to conquer it. Besides what am I trying to achieve with this endless bombardment of deprivation? Is sleeping such a bad thing that I ought to bypass this natural inevitability. What damage is done when one limits the amount of sleep one gets?

Lower immunity. Prone to accidents perhaps. Liable to make more mistakes. Lower concentration levels. Greater concentration of caffeine pumping through the veins, arteries pulsing with artificial stimulation. Stress. Increased appetite created by hormonal shifts. The list goes one. However the madness is still evident. I am still awake! Go to sleep you moron.

Alas I hear His footsteps. I can hide no more. The SandMan cometh! He has waved his magic grains and my eyes are battling against his wretched curse. It is futile to resist. I am defeated.

Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home