Sunday, April 23, 2006

D-Day

The time is fast approaching where I need to announce a decision. I have essentially made a decision (in my head) that I will be taking up an offer, which has been delivered to me via one of the recruitment leeches on my case. I am absolutely terrified though. I am dreading this whole affair. Resigning from my current employer is going to be a tough ask. I almost feel sick and I think I am sick. I don't know what the future holds and this not knowing is driving me mad. I can't relax. I feel on edge. Why is this so hard? Anyway what started out as a half arsed quest has now almost become a reality, all I need do is say yes and it will be done. I am desperately trying to see this as a positive affirmation and it is a positive thing, however I am confronted with a looming negative. I have to stop thinking about this, to stop obsessing over something that hasn't happened yet. All my fear is surrounded by some event that hasn't even happened. It's absurd! Why am I so scared? All I'm doing is changing jobs and perhaps by doing so will, be moving to greener pastures. It's not as if I am being made redundant with a morgage and three kids to look after. I need to keep this thing in perspective. All I need do is front up and everything will be okay.

Enough! I am not going to think about this thing anymore. Tomorrow isn't here yet, so I don't need to stress myself out by thinking in loops, it isn't going to make it go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home