Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Couldn't wait any longer


Alas it is so...My inaction hs come to an end.

Heres a snap of my new rig.

If I waited a month or so more it would've been a superior incarnation, however it will suffice whilst I recoup some more finances and build another one. I will end up using this rig as a HTPC. In the meantime this little beast will serve as a gaming rig, which I find myself being drawn into, now that I have the hardware to cope with the demands of 3D graphics.


The specs are;
Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 Ultra MoBo
AMD 64 Athlon 3500+ Venice Core CPU
2 x 512Mb Hynix DDR 400 set up in Dual channel
320 G Western Digital Sata II HD
Gigabyte GV-NX76T256D-RH GeForce 7600GT Graphics Accelerator
BenQ DW1650 DVD burner
ThermalTake Sopranao case now with a ANTEC 480W TruePower II since the 430W PSU that came with the case blew up on me a week after I had the rig up and runnin.

I've been testing out this rig with some games and it's an okay setup. No doubt there's an abyss of hardware one could aspire to get that would cane FPS games. I'm an amateur gamer, in truth I've never been that interested but the bundled software that came with the GPU has sold me on the craft. I am now contemplating Over Clocking to gain that extra inch of performance out of this rig. I've never overclocked before so it is going to be a steep learning curve. Lots of research will need to take place before I rack up the courage to tinker around with clock speeds.

Will keep you posted in the coming weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home